Green Valley Ranch Wedding of Karen and Alex
1. It’s human scale! No walking for thousands of yards inside of gigantic buildings, or thousands of feet between blocks. It’s intimate yet grand.
2. It’s really freaking gorgeous! GVR’s landscaping is among the more verdant and abundant in all of Las Vegas. The architecture is first rate, too.
3. It’s so visually varied. You can see and be photographed in a vineyard, within ornate hallways, inside plush suites, atop one of the grandest of grand staircases, enveloped in modern and sleek outdoor cabanas, on the sands of a beach (! for real), beside and against cascading waterfalling sheets of water, against deep blue tile caressing a cool blue pool, lounging upon a cool green lawn, draped over luxurious and elegant furnishings, and so much more. The place is a visual FEAST, a photographer’s playground.
4. It’s just so much more relaxed than the Strip, so easy-going, so much less hurried.
5. It’s big enough to accommodate the largest weddings and events, yet intimate enough to host a two-person elopement or a 40 person wedding ceremony and reception.
6. Their in-house chapel is understated, elegant, comfortable, lovely, and definitely not pushy like many of those in-house chapels on the Strip.
7. It is such a versatile and flexible place in which to get married. I have photographed ceremonies in so many locations on property, including: the in-house chapel on the second floor; inside presidential suites; up on the grand staircase; on the grand patio beneath the grand staircase; in the tall Italian cypress a little beyond the pool area; on the curving modern staircase just next to the pool; and in the exclusive “The Pond” private pool area.