We Take Very Good Care of Your Images
How do we take such good care of your precious wedding / portrait / commercial food images? Let me count the ways.
- To start, we *always* bring multiple pro cameras and lenses to every job. Because – as the Navy SEALs say – “two is one, and one is none”.
- Next, we use professional high-speed compact flash CF cards in our cameras. We use relatively small CF cards so as to distribute your photos across many CF cards, not entrusting them all to one very large CF card whose failure could be an unwelcome challenge.
- As each card fills during your wedding or event, my assistant backs it up on-location to a portable hard drive.
- The filled CF card then goes into a special protected place for safekeeping.
- After arriving home – no matter how late – I ingest all photos from all the CF cards onto one high-speed SSD drive, simultaneously backing up an identical copy to a redundant 11TB UNRAID server.
- Your photos are then immediately put in the queue to be uploaded to our off-site backup service CrashPlan, which runs constantly in my home office.
- After your photos have been professionally hand finished – fully edited, toned and perfected – they are uploaded to your online shopping / viewing gallery in high print resolution. This shopping / viewing gallery site archives your photos for as long as I am their client to one of the very best cloud storage system in existence – Amazon Web Services AWS, used by companies like Netflix, NASDAQ and NASA.
- Finally, if you purchase the digital negatives (and virtually everybody does) you receive the same finished high resolution digital negatives either electronically or on physical media (like a thumb drive or DVDs). We strongly encourage you to make multiple copies of your images to multiple home computers, relatives’ computers, and especially to an off-site archive site like CrashPlan, Backblaze, Mozy, Carbonite, etc.