“Big Name” Workshops vs. Personalized One-On-One Mentoring Session with no-name Steve Fogarty :-)
As you may know, I offer customized one-on-one off-camera lighting mentoring workshops to professional and aspiring photographers here in Las Vegas, costing from $100 – $500, depending upon commitment.
I just came across this review of a more traditional “big name” workshop that took place in Las Vegas this past March 2012 around the WPPI 2012 – the big annual photographer’s conference in Vegas. The workshop was offered by a company I know nothing about. The review is by a photographer I know nothing about. For all I know the review may be totally unfair. However, her sentiments are echoed by other attendees in the comments of her blog review.
The review of the “big name” workshop is right here. http://www.christifalls.com/topics/uncategorized/simply-bloom-workshop-review/
Over the years I’ve taken over a dozen workshops around the country. I’ve seen the Great, the Bad and the Ugly. I know what makes a great workshop, and what makes a lousy workshop.
That said, I think it interesting that the reviewer’s experiences regarding traditional this “big name” workshop vs. a personalized one-on-one workshop with Steve Fogarty mirror the caveats and differences I’ve pointed out, the main points being:
- QUESTIONS ANSWERED: Skirting valid photography questions vs. I will do my very best to answer any and all photography questions. I’ve been to too many workshops where the photographer are stingy with the very knowledge you’ve paid them to teach. I hate when that happens! I’ll answer your questions!
- VALUE: $980 vs. $100-$500
- PERSONALIZATION: 30 participants vs. 1 participant
- COPYRIGHT & PORTFOLIO BUILDING: Don’t use the images vs. Do Whatever You Want With The Images
- CONVENIENCE: if you live in Vegas, no costs or time-loss associated with traveling to a “big name” workshop.
- NO UPSELLING: I won’t try to sell you a DVD or hardware or a Photoshop actions or *anything* other than the knowledge of how to dramatically improve your off-camera lighting.
- CUSTOMIZATION: Learn whatever the instructors want to teach you vs. Learn the lighting gear you use now, or aspire to use soon.
The details of customized workshops with Steve Fogarty are right here. http://www.fogartyfoto.com/blog/pro-photographers-learn-to-master-your-off-camera-lights-with-a-personalized-one-on-one-mentoring-workshop
If you’ve been thinking about bringing your off-camera lighting skills to the next level – especially with my new “money back guarantee” – what’s stopping you? Let’s do it